View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Who's attacking? I'm just sharing my opinion on statements made. I can't read anyone's minds to attack their thoughts. Why do some people here think that an opinion is an attack? If I had said, "You're an asshole, shut up" that might be an attack.
Well you did use profanity as leverage, on a thread preaching how we talk to people.
Right. So why not just fucking say what's bothering you instead of pretending it doesn't and making a joke about it which gets under the skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I fail to see how pointing out something as being sexist -- not to DH only, but also SoCalDoc -- is rude. Two males in this thread made comments about the OP's wife Katie being off doing her thing and the OP is left to hold the bag. SoCalDoc implied that the OP's wife is his property, sent off to get fucked, and DH that she isn't being thoughtful or isn't struggling with the decision they made together, that the OP is left to do the "heavy lifting." Both comments pander to sexist roles of husband and wife. Both seem to dismiss her as a person who has her own mind and that she and the OP chose this together. Yeah, I call that sexist. So sue me.
Would if I could.

I admit, I am putting my own rules of interaction onto you here. However I have to ask, isn`t it some kind of irony ? Here you are offering advice/opinions on how to interact with people over passive-aggressive wording, or emotionally charged discussions, yet it doesn`t seem to move you, that one of the things we as society should be careful of, is emotionally-charged labels such as 'racist' or 'sexist' ? You are assuming, and faulting him for something he would of equally said to two men. He posts often enough that it is general knowledge. Having a different point of view then you, does not make the remark sexist, unless he eluded, or out-right stated, that she was doing it simply because she is a woman, and he is a man.
It does however, make you equally as guilty of sexism, as what you accuse him to be.
However, AnneInTheRain out-right stated, that she only see`s men do 'this'. There is no sexist out-cry there, as she is supporting your point.

And so, the double-standard is set. Talk about damned if ya do, damned if ya don`t.

There is a difference between having an opinion, and being opinionated. 'Opinions' comes with responsibility.

..Don`t I know it !