View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Does this mean you can stop attacking thoughts different then your own ?
Who's attacking? I'm just sharing my opinion on statements made. I can't read anyone's minds to attack their thoughts. Why do some people here think that an opinion is an attack? If I had said, "You're an asshole, shut up" that might be an attack. Nor was I preaching. Can't a person share their viewpoint in a straightforward fashion without it being labeled as an attack or preaching?
Quote:
(Calling DH`s comment sexist ?,..Really ! Very rude.
I fail to see how pointing out something as being sexist -- not to DH only, but also SoCalDoc -- is rude. Two males in this thread made comments about the OP's wife Katie being off doing her thing and the OP is left to hold the bag. SoCalDoc implied that the OP's wife is his property, sent off to get fucked, and DH that she isn't struggling with the decision they made together just as much as the OP is. He says the OP is left to do the "heavy lifting," as if the woman thoughtlessly abandoned the OP for sex with someone else. In my view, both comments pander to sexist roles of husband and wife. In my view, both seem to dismiss her as a person who has her own mind and that she and the OP chose this together. Yeah, I call that sexist. So sue me. But I'm not attacking anyone and have no desire to do so. Like I said, it's just my opinion, so take it or leave it.

Quote:
The tone of the thread had gone into the 'This is how it is 'type of advice, which can be dangerous on any subject.
Oh, surprise, surprise. SourGirl isn't happy with the tone of a thread and has to educate us all on how to do it right. Talk about preaching... sigh.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.