View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM

I'm feeling really cranky this morning...maybe I'm over-reacting but I'm having a hard time with how tough it can be to get one on one time with the boyfriend sometimes. Things had been a lot better and his wife was letting us have some alone time more regularly (without barging in or feeling the need to join us every time) but not last night...

I went over to his place for some tv/snuggle time with him. I counted on being there for maybe 2.5 - 3 hours tops since he and I are fighting off colds and not feeling 100%. Usually, the mid-week visit is 'us' time (at least most of the time) and I was looking forward to cuddling with him while watching one of our favourite shows. But our alone time got cut short by his wife who, after coming home from her late shift, decided to join us halfway through the second show we were watching.

And I wouldn't have minded her just watching the show with us, but as he got up to use the bathroom, she quick lay herself out in the centre of the bed, right next to me. He came back and ended up having to crawl in on the other side of the bed and I was left sitting on the opposite edge, one cheek half off the bed because it's not that big a bed. It really annoyed me that she placed herself between us because he pretty much could only cuddle HER for the rest of the show as I was now out of reach.

Well, I left their place as soon as it ended because I was upset and I'm not good at hiding my feelings. I really didn't want to make a fuss but I left so fast I think he knew something was up. I was feeling too steamed to properly articulate how I felt without getting mad and I didn't want to say things in anger that might hurt her feelings. It's not like I don't want to see her... We (all the mates) spend most Saturday nights as a group watching movies, playing games and such and we get along really well but sometimes I just want to hang out with HIM. And she can be really oblivious...

I mean, did she really have to INTRUDE? She has every other night to cuddle and watch tv in bed with him...this was MY night