View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelyunicorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I only saw the first 3 minutes of that (gruesome stuff), I think I get the picture. But Sex at Dawn doesn't argue that we've evolved (or rather devolved) into some rather brutal practices at times; he's saying that in hunter gatherer tribal societies, it didn't work like this.
Yes, I would guess that would be the argument in Sex at Dawn.
He presents evidence, which I have presented to you as well...

Quote:
I just wanted to offer the counter-argument, but you would have to go further than the first 3 minutes to see it explicitly made. I think we`ve reached an impasse here.
Could you not summarize this alleged counter-argument?

Quote:
To be quite honest, I will probably never read Sex at Dawn because I am, for now at least, satisfied with what I've got in explaining my experience. You seem to be in a similar position. *high five*
I just don't want to hear any more of the gruesome acts some cultures now pass off as "normal". To reiterate, Sex at Dawn doesn't argue that these acts are now considered normal in certain cultures, only that it's not what human society considered normal for most of its past.

Quote:
I am also more focused on actual personal experience and feelings (in myself and others), than the theoretical stuff behind polyamory.
I'm fine with sharing personal experience and feelings. I just think that studies and experiences should both be shared.

Quote:
Hence, the reason why I asked you if you had partners.
I don't currently, but I have had girlfriends in the past.

Quote:
I would love to discuss your actual experiences and feelings, rather than theory. But, I also understand people process their feelings differently, and some choose to do it through books.
I read books to learn from the experiences and/or studies of others, but that doesn't mean that I'm not affected by my own personal experiences or that I don't like hearing about the personal experiences of others.