View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:39 PM

Moving back in with your mom while you pick up the peices of your life might not be such a bad thing. As I see it it's better than living with someone who you can't trust. If you move back in with your mom you'll have some time to find a job and then work on getting roomates and moving out again on your own terms. As scary as it is giving up something you know for the unknown change is rarely as bad as you think it's going to be going in.

You teach people how to treat you. At the moment you're letting your wife know that she can do whatever she wants and walk all over you and that there will be no consequences for her actions. If you want to be treated well you have to be willing to stand your ground on things that matter to you. Even if the relationshipt between you and your wife isn't salvegable at this point with any luck taking a stand with her will let you know that the world won't come crashing down if you have to end a relationship and it may help her to become more compassionate to the feelings of others.

It sounds to me like this is your first romantic relationship. I can tell you the honest truth that very few people have successful first relationships. Although those first relationships do teach us a lot about ourselves and our requirements in a partner. (I've seen the same kind of trend in first poly relationships too).