View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
This is one of the reasons I don't have a primary partner right now. My life is at a place where I would not be able to follow through with the commitment if I made one. However, this DOESN'T mean that I'm not capable of such a commitment or that I'm not ready for such a commitment or that I don't want such a commitment. Many people tend to think that because I'm not in a place where I can commit that I haven't "grown" enough or that I'm in some sort of "freedom seeking" phase. And often those perspectives come with a lot of judgement.

I don't have a primary partner because I know what kind of commitment it is and I know myself and my own needs enough to know that I can't make that work until other issues around my residency and stability in my logistical life are resolved. It has NOTHING to do with my ability to commit. It has everything to do with understanding and accepting my current circumstances.
I think that is very honorable Ceoli, not only to yourself but anyone that might want to date you. I totally don't see you in the "freedom seeking" phase. Knowing a bit about your life and circumstance I can't see how you would have room for a primary. When the time comes then that person will show up and I'm sure you will be head over heels and be ready to give it your all