View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyVerve View Post
My long-term partner is all for us dating, and the guy has never tried poly, but is willing to give it a shot. I am just really unsure how to go about getting started (I guess it would be a v?) and how it will all work.
Don't worry about the configuration or labels (vee, primary, etc.). It's not like there should be a mold for you to pour this person into. The thing that's most important is the relationship and your feelings for each other.

I'm a little confused when you say you don't know how to get started, because you also said that both your long-term partner and this friend of yours are willing that this can become a romantic relationship -- so, doesn't that mean you already started, in a way? At least, by talking about it? How did this friend say he would give it a shot unless you talked to him about it? So, now, go out on a date, have some intimate time time together, get it on, see how it goes, and so on. What else would you need to do?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.