View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Minga1087 View Post
I am a 24-year-old bisexual female in a committed relationship with a man, and I am looking for a girlfriend. I also live in a VERY conservative town in Texas, though we plan on moving to Dallas soon where there is a wider community I'm sure. My partner has encouraged me to use bi/lesbian dating sites to meet someone and I have started looking. My question is, how do I approach someone I'm interested in about my situation in a way that doesn't send her running away? Do I even bring it up at first? It was hard enough coming to terms with my bisexuality and putting myself out there to find women in the first place. Now I have to find some incredible woman out there who is okay with the fact that I have a boyfriend. Help please!
You probably won't meet a lesbian who is interested in a woman in a committed relationship with a man. Better bet is looking for a single or partnered poly bisexual woman such as yourself. I bet they are thin on the ground in Texas, big cities or small town.

To ferret them out, I second joining ok cupid. It's free, and it matches you with people who have similar desires... it's open to queers and polys. Make sure to answer their questions and take a few tests so you can have enough info out there to get a good match.

Good luck. I found a wonderful pansexual poly woman within weeks of joining there. We've been together 3 years. Presently I am also seeing 2 men, one is married and poly, the other is single, kinky and open to me being poly, tho he is new to the concept.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags, F, 60, poly-dating, loving and living with
miss pixi, F, 38
Punk, 41, M
Old Friend, gender fluid
Nick, 35, M (occasional lover)
Hippie, 25 (?)
Dark Wing, 45 (?)