View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianne View Post
J also mentioned us moving in together in two or three years and all I could think of was 'that's so far away!' I know that that isn't an unreasonable time frame but I feel very far away sometimes and it makes me jealous that they are sharing a home and a life together. I also realized today that they are now common law partners, and that I couldn't really be that with either of them since you can't have more than one. It's stupid, I know, but it just reinforced the idea that it's the two of them and me.
I think I know how you feel. I just watched my boyfriend marry one of his live in partners this past weekend. I live in one house, with my husband/kids and they live as a MFM triad with their kids in another (same city though, not long distance).

Even though I KNOW he and I can never have more than a secondary relationship (between us there are 5 adults, 4 kids, ages 2 to 14, 2 dogs and 5 cats, I can't imagine all of us moving in, can you? lol), it still sometimes stings to think about it. I would have liked the chance to live with both the men I love, as the female of their group has. But that won't be happening with my boyfriend. At least, you have less baggage and the possibility of living together does exist. All you need is more communication and some patience...Good luck