View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 PM

Hi Onoma, I actually like your question. I'd love to read a string of one-paragraph summaries of people's paths in their relationship lives. I'll give you mine. I stumbled across this board a couple of years ago when I was baffled by my strong romantic attraction to my friend L, in spite of loving my husband. Reading about polyamory, I recognized in myself a lifelong pattern of cheating/breakups/confusion when my "serial monogamy" as practiced by most young singles kept tending to overlap -loving one, I'd fall in love with another. I was relieved to read that that's just how some people tick, and that life can be lived with multiple love relationships, given enough hard work with communication and honesty, introspection and mutual respect. It has been tough, given my socially conservative monogamous husband (from India) but we have finally reached a place where I feel free and he still feels securely loved, and the profound honesty between has deepened our bond.