View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Really? He's a "popular bogger?" With whom? I wonder why he's popular. Don't much care for his writing, and he makes lazy assumptions.
Considering that he posted that less than 24 hours ago and there are currently more than 50 comments on it, none of which are his own responses to other people's comments, I can only say that I think my use of the phrase "popular blogger" can't be wholly inaccurate. He posts on LJ, fetlife, and on his website at www.theferrett.com. I called him that because I wanted to give some context that this isn't a personal friend's journal, just a writer whose stuff I see around.

The essay resonated with me because I've heard folks who don't practice poly but who've dabbled in non-monogamy, or who have friends who have tried open relationships, talk about poly derisively as something that "doesn't really work", that nigh invariably creates drama, or that tends for whatever reason to disproportionately attract drama-prone people. I think the logic he lays out for why people would get that impression makes a lot of sense. And I liked the Star Wars analogy.