Thread: am i poly?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedbigirl View Post
This is something I've been thinking about and struggling with for awhile. I'm a 23 year old bi female. I've often felt like in a relationship, I'm not 100% happy, and if in a relationship with a guy, I fantasize about being with a female and vise versa. I feel like the only solution is to have both but the thought completely overwhelms me. I struggled with coming to terms with bisexuality, now this?? I can't imagine meeting two people of the opposite sex to be with who are open to this, PLUS the thought of being open about polyamory to my family/friends.
So I guess I'm just very new and confused about who I am.
I may be more unique than I think but I have never considered same sex relationships as the same as opposite sex relationships. They each have their own pros and cons. My rule has always been, even before I considered myself poly, "one of each". That means if my wife came to me during our monogamous time and said "I want to go out with this girl tonight and have a relationship with her" I would have said "bring me back leftovers from the restaraunt" and then probably had an ear to ear grin when she came home. I just don't feel competition from the opposite sex.

You will find a way to make it work.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old