View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 04:25 AM

You have lovely replies already, and I don't have much to add. The part that jumped out at me that didn't seem to be addressed was:

" if my partner is having an easy time exploring other sexual/emotional partners while i'm at home twiddling my thumbs, i'm pretty sure it is going to hurt my feelings. i'll feel jealous (about not having my partner and about not having the same sexual liberation as them), insecure about my own worth, and like i need to "get out there" out of some contrived sense of competition. "

Let me second (third? fourth?) that polyamory doesn't *have* to be about sex. If you don't want to go out and have sex with lots of other people (or even one other people) then don't. Own your sexuality and do what feels right for you. Sometimes, polyamorous people even non-sexual partners. Crazy, right? It's true.

Also, please, PLEASE don't sit home twiddling your thumbs if you have more fun things to do! Go out with friends, go out with a special friend, go out alone, but by all means, if you don't want to twiddle your thumbs, don't. Take care of you. You don't have to sit around waiting for your boyfriend to take care of you.

No one relationship model fits all. And, you know, I would throw in more of what everyone else said up there ^^.

Last edited by Lemondrop; 02-28-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: spelling, of course.