View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzels View Post
...how you treat people really speaks more than words ever could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nllswing View Post
It doesn't matter how one calls it. Just like in the rest of life - the subject matter gives meaning to the words, not the other way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
It`s one thing to choose your own words for yourself, it`s another thing, to put those words on people in your life, and those you meet. It very much becomes ' You can`t use those words around me.'... Where as with most of these type of 'word' threads, there is an agenda starting to take place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
But the words used don't automatically mean that the secondary partner is going to be treated as disposable or inhuman, as many of these threads have implied... just because someone doesn't have any "primary's" or loves all their lovers equally, doesn't mean they can't still use, abuse, or otherwise treat you like shit from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
The point I'm trying to make is that regardless of the label, be it "primary" or "co-partner" or whatever, the people are still people and jerks will still be jerks, no matter what set of labels have been used. So the idea that changing labels like "central" vice "primary" will somehow cause some partners to be less jerky than they would be anyways, seems to me a little naive.

I don't think anyone with a brain would argue against any of the above. However, I also don't think anyone here was making up rules for other people's relationships or saying that one word would determine someone's actions, just by giving an opinion on it. I thought the purpose of the thread was simply to discuss terminology, not behavior, our own terminology preferences, and/or responses to the article RP posted. Am I missing something?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-25-2012 at 03:44 AM.