View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyFM View Post
...she asked me if I'm seeing anyone else. I told her I see dead people, and then she wanted a serious answer. So I told her we should save that conversation for when we're face-to-face, instead of over the phone. Not because I'm avoiding anything, but because I'd rather talk about that stuff in person! Then the conversation trailed off and she sent me a text amounting to the death of our 1-day romance...

Oh and I had a window open in the Relationships board, typing up a question "Ladies - if you were monogamous, how would you want a poly guy to reveal his cards?", anticipating the conversation. But then BAM! shattered D:
Well, that would seem a good reason why most poly peeps advise getting the truth out about being poly right away. Personally, I wouldn't have avoided the answer as you did, but would've had a good one prepared. But in a recent thread, you said you were "flying solo at the moment." Are you in a relationship right now? Or did you just want to save talking about poly for when you'd see her in person?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-25-2012 at 02:16 AM.