Thread: Spiritual Sex
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I guess that for counceling to work, both parties have to be willing to hear they are part of the problem. It's very hard to hear that what you've been doing for 15 years is actually detrimental to the marriage. With us, the counselor was able to finally tell my husband things he would never accept coming from me or anyone else (even if he did argue the point for a while). I'm not sure we would have survived if he hadn't been willing to listen and change some things (I had things to change also).

Where in CA? I found that getting involved in groups and activities that aren't "church" or scout (my husband is a scoutmaster ) related helps. I joined a Renn Faire Guild and WOW, I can now find someone in just about any religion and sexual orientation without much effort. I feel so much more comfortable around these folks than I ever did with the church ladies. I've been distancing myself from most of the Christian teachings for the last 7 years.
So it sounds as if you and your hubby were able to make some progress and that counseling worked for you. I am happy for you. I must ask though - since you are on a poly forum, I assume you are a poly. Is your husband? How are you making this part of your relationship work? I also assume he's not a pagan?? I have noticed that most people into scouts are usually involved in churches and are not pagan (just my sense of it).

I am in southern CA around Orange County. It would be nice to find some people that I could be more comfortable around as you have. If you have any pointers, please let me know.