Thread: Spiritual Sex
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
BIG RED FLAG!!! There are bigger issues between you and your wife than if she will ever be able to accept you being poly. I find this behavior odd, when my husband and I were finally driven to counceling, I won't say we actually enjoyed it , but we found that we both got a great deal out of it and regret that we can't afford to continue to go. What were her biggest objections to going to counseling?
My wife doesn't believe in counselors. She thinks we can just work it out ourselves. That hasn't worked out too well. Funny, she has a bachelor's degree in psychology too. How's that for a rationalizing?!

She has a hard time opening up with her feelings. After all the counselors we've gone to, I have finally stopped trying to change this part of her behavior and allow her to be who she is. She has many other good traits, but this is one aspect of her personality that doesn't meet my needs. It prevents a level of closeness that I am looking for in another partner. This is one of the reasons why I believe in polyamory; because it seems unrealistic for one person to meet ALL the needs of another.