Thread: Spiritual Sex
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Well, of course, marriages can break up for many reasons, infinite reasons. I was with my ex for over 30 years but shouldve gotten divorced after 20, if not for the kids.

We held differering spiritual beliefs, he was into Native American, I am into a combination of Wicca, Asian and Greek mysteries. That wasn't a huge problem, but our communities really started to differ.

Also, I am naturally poly and no matter how I tried to suppress it and hide it from him, downplay my crushes (I never cheated), he was always jealous. Plus, I am queer and he is straight.

There was more to it, but it was a great decision to finally make the split. I am so much happier now.
My wife and I also have different spiritual beliefs and that does make things much harder.

I am also naturally poly too. I have suppressed mine too. I have tried to talk about it with her several times, but she already told me if I wanted to be with someone else that we might as well get divorced. I have told her on many occasions that I can love more than one person, but that doesn't take away from the love I have for her. She doesn't understand that. She is very straight and mono.

I think one of the biggest problems we face is that the communities we want to be involved with the other partner doesn't want anything to do with. For example, I want to be more involved in getting to know a pagan community and learning from them. She wants to stay in a Mormon community. There are other things too.

I guess what I want to know from you is, what was the final straw that made you make the split? How did your family take it - especially your kids?