View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 05:07 AM

Default Looking for supportive ears

Hi all!

So I won't say that I'm new to poly, but I am new to well-functioning poly. Before meeting my fiancÚ, I had been in open relationships before, but I mostly dated sort of passive partners and thus could do basically whatever I wanted with no argument.

D is different. He is everything that I want in a person. He challenges me. He doesn't let me get away with not being accountable to myself in our relationship.

That said, I have only recently begun to work on managing my own emotional yickiness and creating a positive poly relationship.

I find that I need a supportive ear when things go wrong in addition to needing to read other peoples stories and understand their struggles and successes. I don't want to bring the initial negative pouring-out of emotional content to D's doorstep because all it does is make both of us miserable. So what I would like to do here is air my initial gut reactions and commiserate with people, get the advice of other, more experienced poly people, and feel like I can come to D with my concerns in a loving and non-charged way.

I'm really excited to get to know and connect with all of you. Thanks for reading!

S