View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon View Post

Some people have a point where they are "polysaturated" and don't have any significance/attention/love/time/whatever to give anyone else. Self-awareness of this point is helpful.

Others call this "scarcity thinking" and reject the idea that we diminish ourselves or our relationships by having more of them.

My personal opinion is our love is infinite, but our time is not. YMMV.
Yesterday one of my 3 male lovers broke up with me by text. I've also got a long term gf. I was feeling emotional distance from The Hottie on our last date and left the ball in his court for when to get together again.

Turns out he wants to be mono with his other gf, and that's fine, because 4 lovers was more than I could handle. 3 lovers is plenty! I see my gf 4 days a week, The Ginger one overnight a week, and The Gentleman about every other week. I talk online with both guys about twice a day when we aren't actually together.

If I didnt have miss pixi, The Ginger and Gentleman, I would have pursued The Hottie more vigorously, but as it stands, getting dumped is not that big of a deal. I'm so happy with the other 3, it almost hurts sometimes.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags, F, 60, poly-dating, loving and living with
miss pixi, F, 38
also seeing
Punk, 41, M (dating since Oct 2015)
and a few more casual relationships