View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:39 AM

I used polyfuckery to denote sport fucking, or just having sex partners to have sex. I used the term to refer to swinging without any thought that it might also apply to plain, old screwing around without regard to any form of ethical nonmonogamy.

I simply used it to contrast with polyamory, which is about multiple romantic partners. That one can have romantic partners and not have sex with them, it's difficult to justify using any "-fuckery" term for polyamory--sex isn't a requirement.

I differentiate between swinging, open, and polyamory. The former seems to be primarily a joint effort of a couple without intent to develop new romantic ties, the next to be primarily about individual efforts without intent to develop new romantic ties, and the latter to be about developing new romantic ties (whether individually or as a unit).

I don't know that I'd really bother worrying about what to call unethical nonmonogamy of any sort.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.