View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Polyamory isn't LIKE being queer, it IS queer in itself. Queer literally means out of the ordinary; unusual compared to "the norm". Most people around us being mono; poly is the queer side.
Good point. Yes, I certainly have been feeling for a while now like a sexual minority. Even before becoming conscious of my bicuriosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post

I'm not sure what the specific word would be for being sexually attracted to many people.
Polysexual? If I were to give myself a sub-label, it would be "sex-positive polyamory."

But, even that is a little bit of a misnomer in my case. I think maybe "physical polyamorous" would be it.

In other words, if I have feelings for someone, I feel like touching them. If I touch them, I have feelings for someone. That is not to say that I want to have genital intercourse with everyone I have feelings for.

That is different from the "until-death-do-us-part" connotation of love. That is why I prefer the word feelings (polyfeelery! ). I have feelings for people I`ve had one night stands with and have never seen since. Those feelings change over time, and they are many.

Last edited by feelyunicorn; 02-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.