View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
These two definitions, when merged together...
Did you happen to see the illustration on gender I found and posted in the Fireplace forum recently?

Any combination of gender identity, expression, biology, or sexual orientation/attractions can "fit" with either monogamy, polyamory, or other variant of relationship. Therefore, I see polyamory as a way to practice, approach, or structure relationships that one can choose or gravitate toward, regardless of where on any of these continuums (below) the person is, as far as identity. How your personality has developed, I believe, plays a role in whether you are drawn to poly or not.

I guess you could call polyamory or monogamy possible identities in terms of how one approaches creating and managing relationships, kind of like identifying as introverted or extroverted in approaching social situations, but that would not be the same as gender or sexual identity.

Here is the "genderbread person" graphic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
See Breaking through the binary: Gender explained using continuums. The image below is the printer-friendly version, a link to which is included in the article.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-15-2012 at 01:06 AM.