View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbug View Post
While as the OP said, her husband may just be afraid she would be upset, and so does not want to 'fess up.
Still cheating. Isn't cheating based on not wanting to fess up? Its thought of as an easy, secretive way of getting ones needs met and not "hurting" ones partner. Bullshit if you ask me. Its the most painful experience I think most people ever go through... all because the person doing it is a coward.

That being said, I think that the OP is a very strong person to be willing to put up with this mans bullshit. I wouldn't. If this has gone on for so long it might just be that its just pathetic now and really be a matter of saying, "come on you idiot, I am not stupid, I can see you are still fucking so and so." I think it almost more hurtful that he is such a coward and idiot.

Sorry openornot, I realize you love this man. We are obviously coming at this from a totally different perspective. I would not have the patience to be with a man of such low understanding of communication and integrity for himself and our relationship. Its just me. I would find it such a turn off I likely would not be willing to stick around. I wish you the best in this one. You are a stronger woman than I for allowing this go on for so long and sticking up for a man that just seems so utterly clueless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbug View Post
But the whole "if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander" idea seems to be a sticky point for many people. They want to have extracurricular sex, but does not want their partner to do the same thing. Crazy, huh?
They don't think so. Why should their partner get to do what they do? They should be at home waiting for them. Taking the scrapes of love and sex that are left... sad, really sad. The hypocrisy is blindingly obvious and intolerable to me sometimes, lol.