View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM

Did I ask her if she was seeing other people?
No, I can't say I did. Not until after I heard a 3rd hand rumor (and I not fond of actingbon rumors). I also (in hindsight regrettably) assumed that because she didn't bringvit up then there wasn't any others to speak of. As to why I didn't think to ask I'll get to in a second.

Did I ask her to disclose her sexual history?
Not in the sense that I outrightly said "Who or how many people have you slept with" (at least not until later on to which I'm still not entirely sure...or at this point care) but we did discuss our sexual history to an extent (first times etc).

Did I ask about a semi-commited relationship?
Yep. About after the 3rd or 4th time we slept together and had been out together as well. The fact that she was internationally bound in a matter of months was the only thing that came up. She said "I'll think about it", brought it up a few days later but it was essentially the same conversation (no mention of other men she was seeing) and no answer.

It's 2012
Indeed I am aware (now more so than before) that poly exists and other forms of non mono but I had mentioned to her that I wasn't what one would call "practiced" in relationships and many others I know that are still don't know of poly like I didn't at the time. Thus I never thought to ask such. Something like that I (foolishly it seems) thought is what the practitioner would bring up.

Yeah I've known people who've been in or are in open relationships. Something I'm sure they discuss.
But am I to ask every conceivable relationship related question just to cover all bases? Would that not seem a little...I dunno, interrogative or weird??