View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:34 AM

It's probably more accurate for me to say pansexual, but having just met the word, I'm less likely to use it. Bisexual has worked for me for 34 years. I'm also likely to only use whatever label is appropriate to the context of whatever conversation I'm in. Once my lovers know, there's not really much need to discuss history. Now that I'm in a fidelitous vee with two men, still not much point in calling attention to the fact that it's possible for me to be with women. I won't back down if asked, but I also don't have a need to announce.

I never liked the word bicurious, but I understand the meaning. I didn't have to be with a woman to know that I wanted to. I started calling myself bisexual the minute I knew girls were an option. (really? I can date girls TOO?) When I read an ad from someone saying they're bicurious and looking, my thought is 'I don't wanna be your experiment.' But some girls like to experiment. The first woman I was with only wanted me because I'd not been with a woman before. At the time, I was totally okay with that.

Once I figured out that the main thing bisexual people have in common is feeling that labels suck, I felt free to use the label as I pleased.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)