View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelyunicorn View Post
I haven`t read the whole survey/post yet. But, I am available to be interviewed if you wish.
Cool... although I admit that I haven't actually developed a questionaire yet ;-). in the OP, I was quoting from a study done by Teela Sanders; she's the one who interviewed the 50 Johns. As far as I know, she's done with that study, but others could do more (maybe even me, laugh :-)).

Quote:
I have been a long term john, in two different countries, and I have had full-blown (non-pay) relationships with about 4 sex workers, and about 20 times as much for pay.
Interesting.

Quote:
I have recently felt unrequited feelings for a sex worker, that are making me slow down my 'mongering.'
I recently had feelings for a sex worker as well.. she happened to also identify as poly, which is probably why I decided to make this thread to begin with.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I still feel uninterested in traditional dating and the gender roles thereof. And, with few exceptions, women appear uninterested in dating me.

So, it`s been a heart-wrenching bind.
I think I know how that goes, laugh :-).

Quote:
I`d be prepared to answer any questions about the legal, economic, and emotional/psychological aspects of sex work, as well as practical aspects such as logistics, STDs concerns, etc. I have also spoken to many sex workers about the above, so I`ve been exposed to some of their perspectives.
Cool.

Quote:
Edit: I would also say that sex work is highly co-dependent upon the institution of marriage, but won`t say more for now.
Could you say more in a PM? I'm interested in hearing what you have to say on this...

Quote:
Edit: It may also have none other than evolutionary/biological reasons for being, as well.
After having read the first 50 pages or so of a book that is generally highly recommended in poly circles, Sex at Dawn, I found that I agreed with the author that the reason that prostitution is so prevalent in modern society has a lot to do with the society that we're in. I spoke about all of this in more detail in a thread in another forum.