View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCakeIsALie33 View Post
It was sweet to know he does care a lot about me enough to be really affected by this. It snapped me out of it.
It's so nice to realize that you have worth to someone. My bf and I have been discussing polyamory for a little over a year now brought on by his feelings for an ex who is polyamorous. I spent so much time crying to myself that there was no way he'd choose me if he had the chance to be with her. I felt like he would just see that she's so much more awesome and then he'd leave me because, well, I'm not really that awesome. At least I didn't think I was as awesome as she is.

She was upset at how long it was taking me to be comfortable with all of this and I was sad and confused because I wasn't talking to anyone about it except my bf. They cut things off for the time being and he told me that in the end he'd rather not lose me by pushing me to make decisions. As soon as he said that it was like a veil had been lifted and I could see that he really did love me and he wasn't going to just push me aside in favor of her. And I felt at peace and happy with the situation. Unfortunately the situation my be irreparable now.

Good luck LemonCake! If it doesn't work out, it's not the right time and/or person. There are so many other beautiful people out there waiting for you.