View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
It has also been used only twice in 100 years and is directed at polygamists who use multiple marraigeS primarily in abusive ways towards young women. I see no wrong in that. It has never been used against a poly person as far as my research indicates.
Ah Nuts...now I have work to do...there's been a lot of discussion about this on a yahoo group on this since the call came up for intervenors in BC case with regards to this section 293. <sigh>

Ok...info from other group has been posted to the Press & Media Forum. Linked out below, and followed by excerpts from the discussion there...and in particular some links and articles both for and against which may be of some interest to various people.

May also be a good meaty discussion for members looking for something less...basic to discuss. If nothing else, I'd encourage everyone to read the linked articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
Call for Intervenors

November 13, 2009

Court case: Upcoming BC Government's Court Reference on the Criminalization of Polygamy and Group Marriages

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 11-19-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Updating for new information