View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 AM

Sending you lots of positive thoughts. One of my close family members is due to have a baby soon. She's fat, tired, uncomfortable and in a bad mood all the time. And when the baby comes - it'll get worse! (baby is her 4th).

I'm happily childless but have lots of friends with kids. My experience is that it's hard to stay in touch with even good friends when they have babies. Everything changes for them. In some cases, friendships have been put on hold for a good couple of years while my friends learnt how to be parents.

I can't imagine how it would be possible to go about making a new, emotionally significant friendship during that period of time. My friends have tended to spend their emotional energy on their babies and often any energy left over is spent on making new friends with people who are in the same position as they are.

Many of them report those friendships as being very significant because of the help and support provided by other people who are going through the same joys and challenges.

Wishing you luck and for a relatively easy birth.

IP