View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbug View Post
I'm sorry that the gf broke it off, but it sounds like you are working through things and perhaps the situation is not irreparable.

And I'm ecstatic to hear you'r not giving your self bad messages any longer, and when they do creep in you stomp them out! Way to go!
She wasn't his gf. She was still just a friend. Although they had emotional investment in one another, so probably better categorized as a non sexual relationship.

I'm not sure the situation can be fixed. I reached out to her and wrote a long email. She responded to let me know she had received it and from that I gather that this may not be fixable, at least not for a long time. I also gather that it doesn't have as much to do with me as it does with him and how she feels he handled this situation and all past situations with her.

It really, really sucks to lose not one but two friends (and whatever friends we've met through them) in all of this and to lose the opportunity for something so much bigger than its parts.

On a completely unrelated note, I lost a best friend this week due to her selfish, uncaring behavior that has lasted well over a year now. It's been a terrible week for friends.