View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoovMochaNut View Post
...if I wasn't cool with swinging & she still had strong feelings of wanting to do it, there would've been the possibility of separation. In a marriage, if 1 of the spouses aren't into poly or swing & the other was, it just wouldn't work.
Well, lots of marriages work where one partner is mono and the other is poly.The mono one just has to be cool with their partner being poly, even tho it's not the mono's preference.

It is quite common for one partner to be introverted, less social, and the poly one to be more outgoing and social. In fact, the mono one might be glad the other gets out of the house and out of their hair! My current bf, The Ginger, has this arrangement with his wife. She doesn't seem too interested in anything he does with me, just asks when she can expect him home.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37