View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Man, talk about looking at things from a different perspective, laugh :-). I never read the mangas, so the original was all I had to go by. Because of what you said, I'm now thinking I may give the new version of Hellsing another chance. I admit that I liked the fact that there was more sexuality involved, it's just that.. well in the first one, it seemed Alucard respected Seras more.
You're right on the Seras point. However it makes sense when framed in the mindset of an immortal, life taking, blood sucking monster.
I guess so, laugh :-). And I did like that extra sexual element in it for sure.

Quote:
You've got to earn his respect and as of the first episode, only a handful of people had.
Fair enough. The thing that actually got me in both the first and the second version was, was he really unable to save her normal life? Oh, certainly -after- he shot her it would have been impossible, but did he really need to shoot her to get that baddy? I'm not so sure. I think he wanted a vampire companion.

Quote:
You saw the End of Evangelion/Death and Rebirth ending.
Ah ok.

Quote:
In one version of the series they chopped out the last few episodes and replaced them with two movies. That's the ending where Seele wins and Third Impact happens.

In the original ending Gendo uses his son to win by succeeding in Human Instumentality, Third Impact is adverted, and he is reunited with Shinji's mother. The downside to the original ending is that it's hard to follow if you're not paying attention, as like with the rest of the series it relies heavily on symbolism, questions, and philosophy.
I see, heh :-). Maybe one day I'll get into all of this again...

Quote:
The whole series is one big tangled knot of plots in plots, Gendo being awesome, and the like. The Evangelions are only a story telling device to help keep the series framed with something and the plot moving along. The real focus is on the people in this situation.
I also think that the series is talking atleast in part about what happened during World War II. That german girl, the way she makes her final stand against all of those white evangelions, how the japanese force is pretty much wiped out by the end of it. I felt there were elements of all of this in Rah Xephon as well, although I think they did a somewhat different take on it. As mentioned, I liked Rah Xephon more.. there was just some element of it that I thought was so awesome.. hard to put into words I guess :-p.