View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 PM

Default Question about Kids, Law and Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi and thanks for reading this over!

I am the male in a mFF polygamous relationship. I am straight and my wife and our girlfriend are both BI.

My wife and I have 3 children, and our partner also has 3 children ages varying from 2 to 14. We are considering the possibility within the next year of moving into the same home together and we would like to know if anyone knows much at all about the implications of doing so without adding marriage into the picture. None of us are legally married, but my wife and I are currently in common-law status.

Specifically we are trying to cover our rears as far as teachers who get nosy or anyone else who might want to cause grief for us by using the safety and welfare of the children as an excuse to cause trouble. Let it be said that we are all very good, caring parents who believe in education, arts and diversity. We do not hide who we are from our children and they are all aware of the relationship their parents have and are accustomed to us being together or at least the ones old enough to understand are aware in any case.

We realize we should seek council from an attorney to get the full factual information we need pertaining to the law, but we'd also like to hear about what some of you here may have encountered and what advice you might have that would help deal with these issues whether specific to our geographic location or just for life in general.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you!