View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
SourGirl:

Reading your posts I could tell something was bothering you and that worried me. To tell the truth, when my husband and I began our move into poly we started reading, listening to certain podcasts, and discussing. I don't quantify how much I love someone, mostly because I have such a hard time putting things in words anyway! However, we have NEVER made it a secret that my husband is my primary and I am not looking for a relationship on that same level. Sure I am open to someone being around that long but as we've been together 20 years I don't see it happening without many years down the road!
Thank you for the spirit of your post Vixtoria. Truth be told, If I am on here, and being blunt/cheeky, or spreading my love of dry-humour around, I am in a good place. I only post when I feel I have something worthwhile to offer. The bitterness I felt, was last year.
I am glad I brought it up, as now anyone reading this can see, that there are others who feel the same. I never brought up this aspect before, as I didn`t think it would be an interesting topic here. Lesson learned !

I am glad to hear of others who have similar feelings. For some, it is just a simple fact that as the love grows, and deepens over the years, many of us would be hard-pressed to compare it to something shiny and new. It`s not necessarily a better way, just a different way.

Quote:
Personally, I end up steering clear of 'those polys' and their articles. Which is a shame since I'm sure some may be very helpful but considering the attitudes given I'm not interested in finding out.
Agreed. Good luck telling those types that there are other ways, too. No matter what you say,..you're WRONG !

Quote:
TL;DR = You are not alone in your feelings and I still consider myself poly. As long as everyone I'm involved with agrees I say screw the rest and their definitions.
Fuck`em if they can`t take a joke,
...and joke 'em if they can`t take a fuck,...

That is an interesting point. Basically : ' It`s poly if everyone in the relationship, agrees it`s poly.' Hmmm. Really, that should be what it boils down to.
I wonder if I could even embrace the label again. I feel so far removed from it at this point.