View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS!

I have a date with Gia!!!

Just the two of us, at my house, in three days!

And the craziest thing is, I don't even have to deal with the nagging thought of "Well, she only scheduled this with me after I said I'd be hurt if she had a date with Zed first, I hope she's not doing this out of a sense of obligation..."

Let me explain.

I've known about her liking Zed for a long time, but it was only as of Tuesday night that I found out she'd hit on him seriously. While we were talking then, I half-jokingly suggested an indirect approach, "Like, y'know, ask him if you can come over to... play video games. " A little later in the conversation I said "You should really come by my place some time. We could... play video games. " She looked serious and said she'd email me about it.

The next day, chatting online, we discussed dates that she, Eric, and Bee could come to my place for dinner. Later that day, she emailed me inquiring as to whether I was free Wednesday. I assumed she was trying to reschedule the dinner and said sure. Nope, turns out she was following up on our conversation from the night before and trying to schedule a date. So I had "Dinner with G&E&B" written in my calendar and she had "Date with A" written in hers.

I stopped by this afternoon, and in the course of conversation the miscommunication was revealed. It was kind of embarrassing, it makes sense why I was confused, but at the same time she DID say she would email me about a date and I took it as a mark of my own insecurity that it didn't even cross my mind that she was following through. When I said that I felt silly for misunderstanding she said "Well, I *have* been putting you off for a year! You'd be completely within your rights to think it was never going to happen at this point."

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I sometimes play my Pandora.com radio station while I'm in the shower. I did that just now and was singing along and dancing the whole time. So excited! And nervous! Thinking things like "Thank god my room is tidy so I don't have to worry about that, what am I going to wear, where can I take her out for dinner to impress her without going overboard, I need new batteries for the vibrator, oh shit oh shit this is happening!!!!"