View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Two things come up for me in reading your last post.

First, Yoda had it right when he said there is either "do" or "do not." There is no such thing as try. If you are sitting right now, try standing up. Go ahead, try it... wait if you stood up, you didn't try - you stood up! You're either sitting or standing, not trying to do one or the other. In other words, there are no half measures. Poly isn't something you try; it is something you can embrace and immerse yourself in, something you live, but how do you try polyamory when there are other people and their hearts involved? Either you're all in, or you're out, my friend. That is not to say that you can't slow the pace or take small steps.

The other thing it brought up for me is a question: what do you mean when you use the word "open?" That you wish she were more open with you??? Are you talking sexually, emotionally... or what? How well do you express your needs? Are you two in any kind of therapy together? Just wondering what this is that has you so very focused on her "openness."

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein