View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post

What do you eat during these.... events. Do you know you're doing it while it's happening or only later...after the fact. How long have you been doing this?

Does the eating make this urge go away? Or just make you tired? ...less interested.
My eating disorder manifested itself the same year I became sexually active. Of course, I did not realize it was an eating disorder then. I knew what anorexia and bulimia are, but did not know those are just a few kinds of the ED that happen. Only a few years ago did I actually recognize it for what it is and only recently have I faced the fact that my sexual frustration is directly related to my binges.

So, to answer your questions: What I eat varies, but usually something "decadent" and rich tasting. I have been doing this since I was 16 but it is most troublesome when I do not have a fulfilling sex life. Eating does not get rid of my sexual needs, it only dulls them. Kind of like eating a cracker when you are starving. It may take the edge off the hunger, but it doesn't actually satisfy.

Now that I have identified the problem, I am much more aware of what is going on when it happens. The other night, I knew what I really wanted was sex, but that was not available to me so I ate instead.

It isn't that orgasms and toys are worthless in this situation, but just like the food - they only take the edge off. As someone else said, it is lusty human contact I crave. Neither a sex toy nor a brownie can give me that.

As a slight aside, I talked to my DH about it last night. He knows I am missing sex. Since he is battling depression (mostly job related) he has not been in the mood for a very long time. He says it has nothing to do with me, he just isn't interested in sex at all. Well, whatever the cause, the result is the same. I am left feeling frustrated and unwanted. So yeah, this pretty much sucks.