View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
My favourite movie of all time is The Princess Bride.
I certainly agree that that was an awesome movie. It's been a long time since I've seen it but thinking back on it, yeah, that was a really cool movie.

Quote:
The book is even better.
Never read the book. I've found that if I see the movie first, I'm not so interested in the book; well, that's the way I felt after I saw "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" (good movie) and then started reading the book; I kept thinking, "I'm not interested in these details, just get on with the story already", laugh :-p. I read The Lord of The Rings trilogy (plus the hobbit) and then I saw the films; loved the films. Went back to read one of the books and it just couldn't hold my attention that long anymore. That being said, atleast in this case (maybe because I read all the books first), I feel like having read the books added to the experience. I actually read more then just "The Lord of the Rings" from J.R.R. Tolkien. Actually, my favourite one of his books was The Silmarillion, which is actually a compilation of stories set in the early Middle Earth Universe, when Sauron was but a powerful servant of Morgoth. Specifically, I loved the story of Beren and Luthien.

Quote:
I even bought the t-shirt...
I see. That bit about Inigo repeating the same line over and over despite his increasing severe injuries was a bit funny, heh :-). Metaphorically, I guess you could compare it to V for Vendetta's injuries near the end of that film, but, ofcourse, V doesn't live long after that.

Last edited by Scott; 01-31-2012 at 01:43 PM.