View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
Huh???

You lost me with these two statements. Since when did viewing sexual fidelity as a sign of insecurity become necessary for poly? I don't view a desire for sexual fidelity as necessarily a sign of insecurity. For some folks it is, for others it isn't.

And then, somehow all polyfi folks are now mono? Aren't they supposed to be too insecure to be poly for desiring the fidelity?

Color me confused.
Confusion is perfectly fine my friend. There is no need to understand each all other the time lol!

As usual I should have included the "IMO" before expressing my opinions or views.

Insecurities towarsds sex with other partners is a common theme in looking at opening up. It is regularly brought up in discussions as well as during the poly meetings I attend. I find myself defending what is preceived and vocalized as "my insecurities". This is a common theme in most writings around opening up relationships.

I don't know where you got the idea I was saying all poly folk were mono because I certainly know that is not the case LOL!

Sorry for confusing you. This has been a way of organizing my own thoughts and working through my amiguity towards what has been nagging at me.
Each of us has our own way of viewing things. There is only sharing in this post, not an attempt to convince, convert or otherwise influence others.

Take care

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over