View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Here is a great clip that I find representative of the overwhelming feeling we get when a new paradigm finally clicks in - makes sense.........
but I wasn't open to him being poly then. I didn't even really know it was an option. So, I had fought them, and he gave her up for me. It's been tearing them both up, because they really do love one another. She completes a part of him that I can't and I complete a part of him that she can't. When he had us both last year, before I found out and ruined it, he was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. So, we will be talking to A. I will be the one to break the ice on that subject, so that she knows where everything stands. She and I have been rebuilding our friendship (I love her like a sister!!) for a few months now. I am actually EXTREMELY excited to talk to her. Even when they had their affair, she would always tell my hubby, "This can't ruin your marriage. You love your wife too much, she loves you too much, and I love you both too much." Oh, if I had only been wiser then!! I really can't wait to bring A in as a partner in the ultimate goal of happiness and love. I miss her and her kids so badly!!

We spend a lot of time on the board discussing the complications & struggles of moving towards poly understanding & living.

What I think we don't talk enough about is that elation we (if lucky) find when we finally "get there". I've borrowed the above snippet from a thread I was participating in that really illustrates how wonderful and releasing it is when we realize we CAN build something where everyone wins ! When we're all on the same page working towards the same goal and outcome. And how beautiful that feels.

I think for those who have 'gotten there' you know it's a feeling that's hard to describe.

I would encourage any of you who do understand that to contribute YOUR stories and feelings to this thread.

Thanks in advance to the OP who I borrowed from. I hope this was acceptable because as I say, stories like this are SO important for everyone to hear - especially those who question whether they can ever truly "get there".

The answer as you point out is a resounding YES !

GS
That response was so beautiful it nearly made me cry! I just wanted to cry out "yes!" as I read her realizations...

As a poly married to a mostly mono who is flirting with trying things, yet struggling with my forming other relationships, it gives me hope...

Thank you so much for sharing!