View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the input! I should clarify - my goal isn't to replace polyamory.com. If anything, I'm trying to complement it. Poly.fm is just another option that I'm building and I want you to know that your input is valuable, that's all.

Quote:
I joined Fetlife for that purpose, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to navigate that site. Their search function sucks.
I agree - the UX on that site needs some work. The strengths and shortcomings of fetlife have inspired poly.fm in many ways - search and navigation will (hopefully) be a bit easier to use.

SC - fetlife and other options can be used for those purposes, certainly. I just feel like they aren't as elegant, welcoming, or straightforward as a go-to poly networking hub could be. Fetlife wasn't made FOR polyamory, you know what I mean? My partner and I are pretty damn vanilla compared to the stuff on there - it's not a very welcoming vibe for us. I felt like I was wading through thorns on that site, and I suspect that I'm not alone.

polyamory.com is a forum (and a fantastic one at that) with a purpose. poly.fm is a social network, with a different purpose. They're just different forms of networking! One is not meant to compete with or replace the other, in my view.

I definitely understand that there's a shortage of time too - believe me. If you do get the time to take a peek as things develop, I'd love to hear what you think.