Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
MONO, I don’t think that I can have another ‘relationship;
Ok.

Quote:
Swinger, I can have (unemotional) sex with another;
Ok.

Quote:
Alpha, I need to be the only male (can’t wait to hear how wrong I am for this one);
Ok, as long as she's okay with this. Not the way I'd do it, but to each his own.

Quote:
Poly-Supportive, PK can have other (sexual) relationships with women only.
Not getting this one. How is it POLY-supportive if she is only allowed to have SEXUAL relationships? Poly isn't about sex. The swinging would be about sex. Being Poly-Supportive to me would be being okay with and supportive of her having other romantic, long term, emotional relationships with other women (still respecting your Alpha male deal).

Quote:
So my two questions (other than WTF) are:

1) What is your opinion on the method of how I found out and what how would you felt if you found out this way?

2) How did you tell (or how were you told) your partner/spouse about poly...meaning face-to-face, planned dinner, surprise poly-party, ect?
1 - I think I would have been pissed. I know having difficult conversations is easier via text/email/IM, but it is a terrible way to have something dropped on you. I'm guilty of breaking news to people like this, too, so I'm not and couldn't pass judgment, but yeah. I don't blame you for being upset about it.

2 - I told my husband one night while we were lying in bed talking that I'd like him to look into polyamory. I told him I'd done some reading, and it was something I'd like to be able to discuss with him more in depth. So, it was face-to-face, not really planned but we always have our discussions on what's on our minds before we go to sleep so not really surprising that it came up then.