View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperskeptic View Post
I tend to listen to albums, too . . . though I'm certain my collection is quite different from yours!

When I'm driving somewhere, though, I sometimes put the iPod on shuffle . . . which, in my case, is a little like riding in a malfunctioning time machine, zipping back and forth through three or four centuries of music.

(For example: Caravan Palace (recent "electro-swing"), followed by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross (jazz vocalise), followed by Hesperus (18th-century American dance music), followed by Crooked Still (alt bluegrass), followed by Django Reinhardt (original gypsy jazz), followed by Laurie Anderson (??) . . . you get the idea . . . and that doesn't even tough on Bach or Monteverdi!)
I once went back and forth through 4 centuries. One hell of a headache after. =P

You'll be lucky if you see me listening to anything older than the 80s. Even then, the 80s is pushing it for me. =P I do love old Jazz and such from way back in the 20s and 30s, but i don't listening to it often at all. I'm very much a 90s guy. =P Doesn't mean I can't appareciate even older stuff though.
=]