View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Thumbs up A check-in

Hello again everyone,

This has been a busy year indeed for my wife and I. We decided to dip our toes in the water of polyamory and decided that it was going to work. Both of us entered into relationships and things have been going swimingly every since. The best part is that we found another couple who we were attracted to and everything worked out great. So we have a nice little quad that works for us.

This is not to say that we dont have our fair share of problems. We still have jelousy issues pop up now and then and we have to constantly work on communication. It takes a lot of work to maintain an open marriage, but it is working for us.

Jason, i am not sure what advice to give you. It took a lot for me to be ok with everything that happened. Everything happened in steps until both of us were comfortable enough for the other to progress into a sexual and then an emotional relationship. The biggest thing, and something that will be a recuring theme on this site, was and still is good communication. If neither one of us listened to the other person or we just infered what we thought the other person meant then it surely wouldn't have worked. I wish you luck.

Thanks to everyone for the advice,
Will