Thread: Poly Map
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Ok, as you want to modify the chart. When I first saw it, I naturally searched for the spot I would feel most comfortable being located. And there was no cross-mark. It should be in the Poly/Mono Relationships overlapping with Polyamorous Relationships. I am not that great with texts, but something like:

"I don't care how many my wife loves as long as she still loves me. Btw, did I introduce her boyfriend to you? Great guy!"

Edit: Only for the positive side of things obviously one could portrait the common strugle as well.
Yep, this is pretty much my issue with it. All of the "polyamorous relationships" block overlaps with something else... And that wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the entry that's only in "open relationship"'s refers to "it's just sex" so I don't see where my relationship style fits in there. Perhaps that "open relationships" box is meant to include romance, but then why not put the "we can have sex with other people as long as there's no love" into the swinging section.

I assume it intends to label me [[see sig for my opinion on labels]] as polyfidelitous, only I'm not. Because, as I understand it, that refers to closed triads etc.

And then there's all the confusing spots. Like... "I'm a pro domme" being inside the "polyamorous relationships" box. Last time I checked, hiring a professional anything automatically makes it not a romantic relationship. I've actually got a couple friends who are pro dommes, and they have very strict policies about no contact with their clients outside of their sessions/negotiations.

And so on.

Basically, it's an amusing cartoon, it might help clarify things for some people, but I think it's much more likely to muddle things up for most people.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."