Thread: Poly Map
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 PM

Responding to SourGirl's post in the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
I definitely see the attempt at humour, but maybe I am a little jaded on the amount of people who promote his version like the bible. So I admittedly roll my eyes a bit.
Laugh :-)

Quote:
It all starts feeling cult-like sometimes, watching people with their one-true-franklin-way.
Let's make our own cult! Seriously, how hard could it be to do a few modifications of that chart?

Quote:
Which really isn`t his fault. He`s just another bloke, with an opinion. He went to the extensive trouble, of creating an in-depth site and opinion,....which I think, is what people find satisfaction in.
Yeah, I think it's a good starting point. I love editing actually. I'm not sure if I'd do a good job editing a graphic, but editing text has always been something I've liked doing (you may notice that a lot of my posts end up edited :-p).

Quote:
Like most things, not all people and all situations can be accounted for. My response is based on the fact that my experiences has led me to realize, most people feel 'pushed' to chose either being poly, or being a swinger. The reality usually is, that most people either land 'in the middle' or find things to be situation specific to the people involved.
I`ve read all the arguments for years, over how we are either like some horny monkey, or some loin-cloth breeder-tribe. I agree with neither.
Lol :-). Your reasoning reminds me of this song:
La Roux - Tigerlily

Quote:
Environment tends to dictate our reactions. If you cage/corral any animal, ( forced monogamy being our default cage ) and one day show them the door/gate is open,..most are going to run through it, and a few might hold back in fear. Eventually, those that held back, sniff around and make decisions, and those who ran through the gate, ...well many of them realize the pasture wasn`t any greener, it just offered different scenery. Some realize they are monogamous. Some realize they want to hang out around the gate, Others feel full-blown poly pride. It`s actualy quite divided.
Makes sense. I started yearning for my friend to be poly (he had a girlfriend, I wanted some -.-), but I truly became poly when I found that I loved 2 sisters and I didn't want to choose between them.

Quote:
So, seeing that happen with people on a regular basis, I ask myself, how is the chart not flawed ? If he has 'open' labelled for people who fuck, but dont have feelings,.. Then where is the umbrella portion, of non-monogamy ? Shouldn`t the whole thing be enveloped in a large circle that says non-monogamy, at the least ? Then you could at least fit your situation in there:

" All you complicated folks go here-----> X"
You go girl :-)! Like the above song says...

"I can see you burning with desire For a kiss
Psychobabble all upon your lips".

I like, laugh :-). I admit I'm not really sure what you're saying. It's hard for me to think of a graphic without looking at it, and I'm looking at what you wrote :-p. Ideally, we could all get together in real space and make a new map, but alas, we're probably thousands of miles apart or something. Anyway, maybe one day I'll try to edit that map.. yep.. any day now, laugh :-).

Quote:
I`d say it doesn`t because much like his other supposed tongue-n-cheek stuff,...the humour is boiled in his own truths.
The humour is boiled in his own truths.. again.. not sure what you mean by that ;-).

Quote:
This was not a rant at you Phy, just me babbling about something I have long wondered.
OMG, you even said babble, ha ha ha ha :-). Sorry.. psychobabble.. babble.. don't mind me.. I'll be going now