Thread: Scott's Journey
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
I think you should check your email more often.
Laugh :-). I did check it.. I think.. but.. somehow I didn't see that.. I think I was in shock. That and I get too many emails from too many lists -.-

Quote:
Wow, getting kicked out of a poly group that's not very loving...poly's all about the love....BUT.. rules are rules. How many warning shots did you get?
I got one email where she told me to "slow down". I tried... I really did.. I actually shut down 2 discussions.. In one of these discussions I shut down, I decided to send an email to the guy who I was responding to instead of posting in the forum. He never responded though. Then one of the organizer's assistants who just happened to be this guy's partner just brought up the subject in another thread and directed my attention there... she was an event organizer, so I said what the heck, if she's bringing it up here, I'll respond.. maybe she was just setting me up for the kill if you will. There's more to the story but it gets personal I guess.

Quote:
How many did you ignore?
I'm not the type to ignore emails, especially not from the organizer of the entire group.

Quote:
Is Steve one of your partners?
No, laugh :-). We were friends I guess you could say. We kind of agreed on some things that the organizer didn't agree on; so maybe that's why we were removed. I don't know.

Quote:
Whats his take on the removal?
I think he was in way more shock then I was. He asked me if I could figure out why he was removed; I know he disagreed with her on some rather trivial things.. and I know that the organizer was upset with him about something near the end.. but neither he nor she would tell me what it was so.. no real idea. I also think he took it harder then I did... and it wasn't easy for me.

Quote:
You might want to look over the rule book here ...the mod's here are strict but fair ...good luck
I think I gave it a scan... but the bottom line is, situations happen.. no rule book can cover them all. The best rule of thumb is, "do as the administration says" and you'll generally be fine. And if the administration is vague, then be extra cautious. Maybe don't say so much or what not. Anyway, what's done is done. As I mentioned, I wanted to make my own group before I was removed; I didn't want to need the permission of the organizer to make meetups, now that I have my own group, I can do that, and I've already scheduled my first meetup. I just wish that I could have had my own group -and- been able to attend meets in her group.. but you can't always get what you want as they say :-p

Last edited by Scott; 01-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.