View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 AM

Thanks so much for all your responses. It's been very interesting to read and I will definitely check that other thread out

I love my family and I don't think they would ever shun me for something... But I don't think poly is something they'd approve of. I'm already well-versed in hiding things from them. I'm a webcam model and they have no idea. I don't know if I'll ever tell them... Just like I don't know if I'd ever tell them if I do end up having any OSOs... I hate lying too... But I think a big part of me just wants their approval and I know I shouldn't need it. Of course, I'm also just afraid of what they'd say.

I'll never know until the situation actually arises, but I really wanted to hear about other ppl's experiences... So thanks again, it was great to read. I am sorry to those that didn't/don't feel fully accepted. I fully and completely know what that feels like... Working in the adult industry, being bisexual, being in an open relationship (and now maybe even being polyamorous rather than just having fuck buddies)...

It pains me to feel like I have to hide from so many things, but I wonder if I'm just bringing the pain on myself. I think it's a bit of both. Society is somehow set up for people... But for who? I don't know. It sure doesn't feel like I fit in most of the time.