View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 PM

Default A voice from another perspective....

Hi there, moo.

I think I can offer a bit of a different perspective, because I understand the driving need for freedom and the ability to do what I want, when I want.

I place a huge amount of importance on being free to do my own thing and be my own self. And you know what? I STILL think your bf is being a douche! Seriously, and in a bad way.

He's not taking responsibility for his actions, and he's pushing all the blame a.d "fault" onto you, by the sound of it.

I, personally, need the freedom to go where I want, do what I want, etc. But that means I have to own that and be responsible for it. I am careful about partners and potential partners, and I simply do not date people who would be hurt (or worse, emotionally damaged) by that. We're incompatible, and that's okay. But it's no small responsibility! There are people who I have wanted very much to be involved with, and I chose not to be, because of that incompatibility. It's painful, to love someone, fall in love with them, know they feel the same way, and still walk away, because we approach life too differently to be compatible. It sucks. But it's the only responsible course.

Your bf has shirked that responsibility, in favor of fulfilling his own lusts and desires, and not caring what it does to you.

You have EVERY RIGHT to what you want and need in a relationship. You have EVERY RIGHT to have a fulfilled monogamous relationship. You have EVERY RIGHT to be heard, and loved. But you're not going to get that from someone who is incompatible with you. No matter how much you love him, you won't get a loving, monogamous relationship from this guy. You're being mistreated, and it breaks my heart that you feel like you can't do better. Mookitty, you can do SO, SO much better. You can find what you need. I seriously hope you will take the suggestion that someone gave to see if you can get a counsellor to talk to at your school. It may seem hard, but it's totally worth it, and you seriously deserve to feel good about yourself.